Tuesday 2 July 2013

Textures & Maya

I had a tutorial at University, & one of the things we covered was the role of Texture Artist as a potential career option for me.

I had a lesson in Maya, & we created a rust texture from an image from a boat I had taken at sea. I took notes, & learnt a lot of new techniques on Maya, & reminded myself on others I have already covered, but with not using the software, have easily forgotten.

My image of metal from a trip to sea on a fishing vessel!


The image was edited in Photoshop:

  1. Cropped a copy of the rusted metal from the image to form our piece of rust
  2. Then using the Wrap tool, created a square that encapsulated 4 copies of the image
  3. To eliminate the light & dark edges of the image (top & bottom where the light hit) that were showing, giving it a rather unrealistic look, it was cloned; copying areas to cover other areas until a square image of rust appeared with no divides; looked like one image.
  4. Opened in Maya
  5. Created a sphere
  6. Altered the light & shine/highlight
  7. Amended the colour & rendered a sphere of rust texture

This image was a tutorial/test image, thus, not as perfectly clean as could be due to time constraints.
The image then edited in Maya & wrapped to a circle, with coloured highlights.



No comments:

Post a Comment